Since 2001, Halo has been a force to be reckoned with in the video game industry. It has spawned numerous sequels and spin-offs and been a major selling point for Microsoft’s various XBOX game consoles. Now, this worldwide phenomenon is headed to arcades thanks to the combined efforts of 343 Industries, Microsoft, Play Mechanix and Raw Thrills with Halo Fireteam Raven.
This new entry in the franchise takes place during the events of the first Halo game that was released to the original Xbox in 2001. Players join up with the special unit known as “Fireteam Raven” to support the Master Chief and push the Covenant off of the Halo ringworld while unlocking the dark secrets of the ancient structure. The game has been re-designed as an on-rails gun shooter, with primary development being handled by the experienced team at Play Mechanix (their resumé includes Terminator Salvation, Aliens Armageddon, The Walking Dead and more).
Check out this new trailer promoting the arrival of Halo:Fireteam Raven at Xtreme Action Park!
This version of Halo is being done in a way that only arcades can provide, featuring a Super Deluxe environmental cabinet that is unlike anything else on the market today. Supporting up to four players at once, the game hearkens back to the days of four friends playing multiplayer matches together. This is done by the cabinet featuring two 65″ 4K UHD displays (total screen space measuring at 130″) with two guns per screen/seat. The massive cabinet has the seating angled, allowing access to the seats from either side. Users will also enjoy 5.1 channel surround sound in each seat and can post scores through their Xbox Live Gamertag using Raw Thrills’ QR Code sharing system.
Raw Thrills’ Halo Fireteam Raven Features:
– An exclusive, custom tailored experience only found in arcades
– Striking, massive dual screen environmental cabinet supports up to 4 players at a time
– Based upon the massive HALO franchise that is known all around the world
– Custom made mounted force feedback guns are easy to handle while offering reliability and accuracy
– Re-designed graphics are displayed on two 65″ 4K UHD screens for 130″ total panoramic viewing space!
– 5.1 channel surround sound system
– Earn exclusive stats & rewards by linking your Xbox Live Gamertag account to the game using QR codes & a smartphone
– Operators can adjust price, volume and other game features
– Coin, DBA & card swipe compatible; ships with a standard Suzo Happ two-slot coin door per screen