Mario Kart doesn’t need much of an introduction, given that the series is one of the most popular racing titles in video gaming history. But not all Mario Kart entries can be found on Nintendo consoles. Thanks to Namco, Mario Kart has also graced the arcade! This entry is for Mario Kart Arcade GP2, the second in the arcade series.
Mario Kart Arcade GP2 is similar to the first MKA, allowing players to enjoy the Mario Kart experience with realistic, arcade-quality driving controls. It also re-uses the popular “NAM-CAM” feature which allows you to put your face into the game as an avatar or add a Mario character overlay for extra fun! The series is also known for featuring numerous unique attack & defense items that have never appeared in the console versions of the series, such as the Needle Barb, Cream Pie, Tweester, Sticky Oil or Jack In The Box. Defend against on-coming attacks by mastering the powerslide technique, which generates a temporary shield behind your racer.
The game features more unique tracks but even better, exclusive characters such as Pac-Man, Blinky and Tamagotchi. Beloved Nintendo characters such as Waluigi were also added to this one. MKAGP2 then added “live” voice commentary of what is happening in the race to give it more of a true competitive feel to each race.
What Makes Mario Kart Arcade GP2 Special?
– Exclusive to arcades; none of the Mario Kart Arcade series titles have been released to home Nintendo consoles
– 2nd in the series; looking for the latest? Check out Mario Kart Arcade GP DX.
– Play as iconic characters from the Super Mario universe including Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Princess Peach and more
– Exclusive arcade version characters such as Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Blinky and Tamagotchi
– NAM-CAM camera avatar feature has added more overlays of your favorite characters
– 24 courses to race across 6 worlds; multiple game modes offers up to 68 racing variations!
– 57 total items provides a variety of attacks unseen in the console versions
– Link up to four units for multiplayer excitement and bigger earnings!
– powered by Namco’s Triforce hardware platform
– Ships with a standard 2-slot coin door
– Namco’s Mario Kart Arcade GP2 is no longer produced, having been released in 2007. Please call us about availability. All used models pass through PrimeTime Amusement’s “Certified Pre-Owned” program, which guarantees that the game will be completely refurbished and ready to operate upon arrival.