The Black Knight and the “King of Pinball” have returned with Stern Pinball’s highly anticipated Black Knight: Sword of Rage.
The Black Knight series is well-known in pinball circles, with the original Steve Ritchie designed machine released back in 1980 by Williams. Williams and Ritchie also released a sequel in 1989 by the name of Black Knight 2000, making Sword of Rage the 3rd in line.
In this title, players finally take on the intimidating Black Knight, who towers over the playfield in the center of the game as a 3D toy. In his right hand he wields an impressive, spinning flail; in his left, a stalwart shield to block the player’s shots. This toy also features independently controlled LED lights in each eye, making for a striking character effect.
This factory produced trailer shows the Premium model in action.
All Black Knight models pit players against this evil creature and his skeleton army, as you attempt to defeat him and lay waste to his dark castle. They also feature the return of the “Magna-Save” feature, which allows players to capture a ball that will potentially drain by skillfully hitting the Magna-Save button; you also can access a “Retro Mode” that plays music from Black Knight 2000. Each model also features pinball staples like ramps, pop-bumpers and a dazzling multi-color LED light-show. Here are the basic game rules:
This listing is for the Pro model; it is also available in more elaborate Premium & Limited Edition (LE) models. Click here to download/view the Black Knight: Sword of Rage Features Matrix.
Stern Pinball’s Black Knight: Sword of Rage Pro Model Features:
– A return to a beloved classic, fully licensed from Williams & designed by the original Black Knight creator, Steve Ritchie.
– Intense medieval theme with a rocking soundtrack composed and performed by guitarist Scott Ian of Anthrax.
– Voice overs and game call-outs provided by Steve Ritchie and Ed Robertson (frontman of the pop-rock band, Bare Naked Ladies)
– Playfield graphics by legendary artist Kevin O’Connor
– Includes: Interactive Black Knight 3D toy with spinning flail and moving shield; skill-based “Magna-Save” ball capture magnet; stainsteel steel & wireform ramps; HD LCD screen for vibrant animations
– Standard features: 2 flippers; 24 RGB LED’s to indicate shots by color; 2 “Skeleton Lane” spinning targets; 3 pop-bumpers; 2 Vertical Up Kicks (VUKs); 2 slingshots, 3-bank of drop targets; 1 user-controlled magnet; 2 electric gates and 6 standard balls.
– Also features a “Retro mode” where all of the sounds and music comes from the classic Black Knight games!
– Stern Insider Connected compatible!
– Powered by Stern’s SPIKE-2 hardware system, which includes a 3 channel sound amp and line out.
– Plethora of operator adjustable features
– Also available in Premium and LE models
– Comes with a standard 2-slot coin door; DBA or card swipe ready