Bizarre events are happening in the town of Hawkins, IN, and it’s up to you to help unlock the mysteries while battling demonic forces in Stranger Things by Stern Pinball. This listing is for the Premium model of the game.
Based upon the hit Netflix TV show of the same name, Stranger Things recreates the look and the feel of the supernatural show in a way that only a pinball machine can do. A large wall representing the Hawkins National Laboratory dominates the playfield, which can be turned into a ramp as you play to reveal the terrifying Demogorgon bash toy in the back.
Premium and Limited Edition (LE) models come with a striking new features that sets Stranger Things apart from any other pinball machine ever released – “Mixed Reality” tech via projection mapping. Now, ramps, targets and the back wall This incredible effect elevates Stranger Things beyond any other pinball machine previously seen on the market. A variety of surfaces are covered in a silver projection backing material that allows the large wall surface, ramps, spinner and drop targets to show a variety of animations. This cutting edge effect further draws the player into the realm of the Upside Down.
As you play, unlock the hidden meanings of the events in and around Hawkins as the heroes seek to help Eleven close the interdimensional gate to the Upside Down world. Hit the drop targets under the Laboratory Wall screen to progress; make shots on the three ramps as you also lock balls and unlock the exciting multiball modes.
We got a good look at Stranger Things Premium when we attended Amusement Expo 2020. Check it out in 4K glory above.
Stern Pinball’s Stranger Things Premium Model Features:
– Based upon the hit Netflix TV series of the same name
– Season 2 themed artwork on the backbox translite and cabinet sides; hidden elements via special UV ink integrated into the art!
– Incorporates various elements from the show including the suspense, mystery and humor to make for a compelling game
– PREMIUM/LE ONLY: First mass-produced pinball machine to employ the dazzling Mixed Reality projection mapping technique
– PREMIUM/LE ONLY: Telekinesis physical magnetic multiple ball lock
– PREMIUM/LE ONLY: Sculpted Demogorgon with power actuated shaking that players shoot up ramp and into it’s mouth
– Two flippers, three ramps, a spinner, four drop targets, DEMODOG stand-up targets, two hideout ball scoops.
– Video screen shows custom animations, scoring, game info and clips from the show
– Custom speech provided by actor David Harbour (Police Chief Jim Hopper)
– 3 wizard modes, 5 Demogorgon battle modes, 12 chapter modes and 5 multiball modes
– Powered by Stern’s SPIKE-2 platform
– Plenty of operator options to allow locations to customize the game to their needs
– Comes with a standard 2-slot coin door, wired for a DBA and card swipe
– Also available in Pro and Limited Edition models