Would you like to hang out with four heroes in a half-shell who have sharped ninja skills and a penchant for pizza? You can when you grab the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pinball machine by Stern Pinball. This listing is for the Premium model.
Also known as TMNT, the series has been inspiring kids and adults alike since it debuted as a comic book in 1984, then airing as a cartoon series at the end of the 1980s through the ’90s. The franchise has appeared in movie theaters, other TV shows, and comic books numerous times over the years, making it an IP that is instantly recognized anywhere you go.
For the 2020 pinball machine by Stern, the game uses the popular 1980’s cartoon as the basis for the theme. When players begin the game, they chose from their preferred Ninja Turtle: Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, or Michelangelo. Each turtle features their own unique features and powers, meaning that the game really changes up every time you play it!
All models come with 8 episode modes, 3 flippers, 2 multiballs, a magnetic spinning pizza disc (holds up to 3 balls), 17 character speech call-outs, 17 RGB LEDs, color changing general illumination LED lights, custom video scenes, the original 1987 theme song, high speed ramp action, and artwork produced by artist Zombie Yeti.
As usual, the Premium & LE models contain more features, details and unique artwork to their respective models. Here’s a run-down:
Stern Pinball’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles [Premium] Features:
– Based on the hit franchise, particularly the 1987 cartoon series
– Pick your turtle, just like in the video arcade games. Different turtles have different effects
– 3 flippers, 3 pop bumpers, 2 ramp shots, 2 multiball events, 3 training mode events, Wizard Modes and more
– Premium & LE models top out at 8 ball multiballs
– Quality artwork designed by Zombie Yeti
– RGB LEDs provide varied color lighting through the game, but not in any overwhelming way
– Custom video scenes adapt content from the TV show; original 1987 theme music + custom ’80s style tracks
– Powered by the SPIKE-2 system, which allows for various adjustments to your liking
– Spinning pizza disc w/ magnet that can capture 3 balls at a time; PREM/LE Models, it spins both ways instead of one
– [Prem/LE] Interactive custom sculpted TMNT Van with interior ball lock feature and mechanical side door
– [Prem/LE] Interactive custom sculpted, player-controlled TMNT Glider diverter assembly
– [Prem/LE] Custom-sculpted mechanical Krang toy
– Standard 2-slot coin door; DBA or card swipe ready
– LE models are limited to 500 units globally. Please call for pricing/availability
(Premium models are NOT limited on production numbers)