What would happen if the biggest names in video gaming came together to compete in the Summer Olympics? Thanks to Mario & Sonic At The Rio 2016 Olympic Games Arcade Edition, you can find out!
Mario & Sonic At The Rio 2016 Olympics takes various characters from the Super Mario Bros. universe and stacks them up against characters from the Sonic The Hedgehog universe as they compete in several Olympic events. There are nine (9) events total to play:
- 100m Dash
- 100m Freestyle Swimming
- 110m Hurdles
- Hammer Throw
- Javelin Throw
- Long Jump
- Rhythmic Gymnastics
What makes this really unique from the console versions of the game are the controls that Sega created just for Arcade Edition. The game features a pair of over-sized joysticks (w/ 1 thumb button on each side) and a foot sensor pad. Before each event, the game has a tutorial that teaches the player how to use the controls to play. With 2 and 4 player models available, kids and adults alike will have a blast seeing how they would do in the Olympics!
NOTE, Nov. 2019: Sega has released an update kit for MASRIO2016 cabinets so they can enjoy the new 2020 features.
Sega’s Mario & Sonic At The Rio 2016 Olympic Games Arcade Edition Features:
– Two of the biggest franchises in gaming come together for some friendly competition for all ages!
– Choose from characters spanning the Super Mario Brothers (Nintendo) and Sonic The Hedgehog (Sega) universes
– Each character has different stats meaning that players have incentive to play again and experiment
– 9 different officially recognized Olympic events to compete in
– Unique controls plus the sports theme makes this game stand out from everything else on the arcade market
– Two (2) and four (4) player models available. The four player model includes a deluxe marquee with a TV screen above each player station along with a camera to capture the user’s reactions as they play
– 55″ Vertically mounted HD screens; powered by Sega’s PC-based “Nu” hardware
– Each station ships with a standard coin door that is compatible with Dollar Bill Acceptors or Card Swipe systems
2-player models ship on four pallets:
Pallet pair #1 – 55x39x84 Weight: 575 lbs.
Pallet pair #2 – 55x36x44 Weight: 248 lbs.
4-player models have the same shipping dimensions as the 2-player model but include an extra set of both pallets AND also have the marquee shipped on a separate pallet.
Marquee Pallet: 103x46x72 , Weight: 825lbs.
Want to see Mario & Sonic Olympics in person? You can find it at the PrimeTime Arcade inside the X-Treme Action Park in Ft. Lauderdale, FL!
Do you have more questions or are you ready to buy?
Call our friendly sales staff for more information or email us here!
Looking For More Mario Bros. Themed Games?