Known as the “Mistress of the Dark” and the “Queen of Halloween,” Elvira (Cassandra Peterson) has long been known as a pop culture icon for her productions in the horror film business. She’s also starred in her own pinball machines in the past – Elvira and The Party Monsters and Scared Stiff – making the product you’re reading about her her third pinball outing: Elvira’s House of Horrors by Stern Pinball.
Designed by the same creators of Party Monsters and Scared Stiff, House of Horrors brings Elvira’s sultry edge to the modern pinball landscape and in a way never done before. The machine is being produced in three models, however, the differences between these models is only aesthetic. They all play and sound the same, but keep in mind that the Limited and Signature Edition models are only being produced in very limited quantities, and come with a few perks, like art blades, anti-reflection glass and a shaker motor to make them that much better.
The premise of the game keeps the same campy spirit that Elvira fans would expect from the Hostess of Horror. In the game, she is attempting to sell her mansion through “Alternate Realty,” but the home is haunted by the movie characters from her eerie past. Seeking revenge on Elvira for her hilarious roasts over the years, both the players and Elvira must confront the hordes of ghouls, ghosts, and monsters (and their horrific acting skills) to send them back to the “film” from whence they came! Elvira’s House of Horrors immerses players in a fun, campy, B-movie universe filled with all of the humor expected from the Mistress of the Dark including custom speech and, in a pinball first, exclusive filming of Elvira for custom video scenes featured throughout the game!
Principal toys include a giant “Victorian fixer-upper” that occupies the rear of the playfield, and is full of surprises; 2 flippers; 3 ramps; a “Junk in the Trunk” motorized ball lock toy; a Deadhead Family Crypt toy; a Crypt Kicker ball launcher; Gar-goil stand up targets; custom video and speech from Elvira herself and a unique “Make your own dang B-Movie Trailer” feature where every time someone plays, they put together a unique trailer of clips from campy horror films that plays at the end of your game.
Check out Elivra’s House of Horrors from this factory produced video.
Note: LE and SE units are limited to 400 and 50 units respectively. They are a different cost, and come with some special collector features.
Stern Pinball’s Elvira’s House of Horrors Premium Features:
– The 3rd pinball machine to star the Mistress of the Dark, Elvira
– Custom video & speech recorded by Elvira (Cassandra Peterson) just for this game
– A giant Victorian-era mansion occupies the rear target zone of the playfield; features a ball diverter, front door metal ramp that opens to reveal a cellar, a motorized turret and more.
– 2 flippers, 3 pop-bumpers; 6 standard balls; 3 ramps; “Back door” skill shot; multiple toys and game modes
– Campy fun replete with humorous jabs at a variety of B-Movies from film history past
– Powered by Stern’s SPIKE-2 hardware, which includes 3-channel stereo sound
– HD screen for game scoring and play information; movie and Elvira clips
– Hit the Deadhead Family Crypt to awaken a variety of creepy characters
– Junk in the Trunk, Crypt Kicker launcher and Gar-goil toys for extra spooky action
– Unique “Make-Your-Own Dang B-Movie Trailer” has players create their own trailer that plays at the end of the game. Pulls from a vast archive of clips; never see the same trailer twice!
– Plays licensed music, including Elvira’s iconic theme
– Features a huge number of operator adjustments so that games can fit the needs of the buyer (free play can be set for home buyers)
– Comes with a standard 2-slot coin door that is DBA ready