In celebration of the 10th anniversary of Dance Dance Revolution, Konami launched DDR X. This provides for a modern Dance Dance Revolution experience.
The core gameplay of DDR X is the same – arrows will rise from the bottom of the screen to the top, the player needs to push on the appropriate footpad when the arrows match up with those fixed at the top of the screen. Where the game improves is everywhere else. First, Konami created a brand new cabinet that dumped the old CRTs in favor of a new 37″ HD LCD screen. The sound system was improved and Konami added online features from their e-Amusement service in Japan. Neon and halogen lights have been replaced with modern LED lighting to attact attention towards the game. The graphics have been improved, along with the interface. A new ‘shock arrow’ was added and the song selection boomed to 350 songs including original music by Konami, remixed DDR classics and even hidden songs! They also added USB access so that fans can edit their own step charts.
What Makes Dance Dance Revolution X (DDR X) Special?
– Total refresh of the DDR concept, bringing the hardware up-to-date with modern tech
– New cabinet replaces the old electricity heavy lighting with LEDs
– The old CRT tube monitor has been replaced with a widescreen 37″ LCD
– Sound system is more powerful to accentuate the star of the game – the music!
– 350 songs with many fan favorites and new content
– Fans can edit their own step charts via the USB access
– Avoid the new Shock arrows which damage your combos/player health
– Originally featured online e-Amusement support & card readers (may not work at present)
– Konami’s Dance Dance Revolution X is no longer produced, having been released in 2008. Please call us about availability. All used models pass through PrimeTime Amusement’s “Certified Pre-Owned” program, which guarantees that the game will be completely refurbished and ready to operate upon arrival.