Centipede is back and bigger than ever in an exclusive form only to be found in arcades with Centipede Chaos by ICE, Play Mechanix and Raw Thrills. This listing is for the Standup model.
Originally released in 1981, Centipede went on to become Atari’s biggest hit behind Asteroids, selling over 50,000 units in it’s lifetime. The game was ported to numerous home systems, and has occasionally received a reboot over the years on somewhat more modern consoles. Audiences old and new recognize it, as it stands as one of the true classics of the “Golden Age” of video games.
Centipede Chaos is a fresh take on the concept, marking the first time that a new Centipede game has been seen in arcades since the sequel known as Millipede was launched by Atari in 1982. Players battle hordes of bugs and the centipede itself over many waves of action-packed blasting. Every fifth wave, you’ll face a Boss Battle against a giant bug. The more you critters you blast, the more you win! Default settings has this playing for tickets; operators can change it to Amusement Mode, where the game can be played just for points.
Check out the Standup model of Centipede Chaos from this video shot at IAAPA Expo 2019. Video available in 4K UHD; subscribe to us on YouTube to stay up-to-date with the latest product videos!
Centipede Chaos was first designed in a Deluxe cabinet; This Standup version plays exactly the same as that one, it just comes in a smaller cabinet that can fit into more locations.
ICE’s Centipede Chaos [Standup] Features:
– An arcade exclusive return to a beloved arcade classic from Atari
– 2nd model of this rebooted game concept, fits into more spaces!
– Worldwide recognition and great for kids & adults alike!
– “Voxel” (3D pixel) centipede marquee and control panel design
– Mushroom shaped seats with LED lighting and rumble feature
– Easy control with an oversized ball-top joystick and single fire button
– Supports 1-3 players at the same time!
– Standup model features sideart from the original Atari 1981 arcade machine!
– 20 Waves of retro-fused, bug-blasting combat with huge bosses standing in your way.
– The sharp and vibrant graphics are displayed on a sharp 48″ HD screen
– Many unique waves to keep gameplay fresh and interesting
– Continue feature
– Set to ticket redemption mode by default; points-only Amusement Mode can be set by the operator.
– Ships with 3x ticket dispensers
– 3x 2-slot coin doors; card swipe capable