Part motion ride, part virtual reality, the VR X-Rider provides unprecedented immersion to your customers and a unique attraction to your venue.
The 4D Motion Simulator
Starting with the motion base, the VR X-Rider uses the same professional quality motion technology that has been used for years in equipment like the original X-Rider. This seats up to 8 riders, using high-quality, comfortable seats. Each seat features a safety belt and each row has a padded handle bar that riders can hold onto if they choose. All of this is built on top of Simuline’s tried-and-true 6 axis(D.O.F) electric motion base that provides a fast response time, low noise, precise movements and as little maintenance as possible. This is handled by a controller unit which provides options for adjusting position, torque & speed for the motion base.
Also available are special 4D effects to further enhance the simulation experience. These can include wind, bubble, snow, water mist, seat vibration, ticklers and more. Please ask about which effects will work best for your situation.
The Virtual Reality
Partnering with Samsung, each seat uses the latest version of the Samsung Gear VR Head Mounted Display (HMD). Each HMD is fastened to the X-Rider base to prevent theft while providing enough slack so that the user can freely look around them. The ride films have been specially tailored to the needs of VR technology, allowing users to explore around them on each ride. This exploration feature incentivizes replay value as riders can find something new with each ride.
What Makes The VR X-Rider Special?
– Professional grade motion theater ride that holds up to 8 riders
– 6 axis (D.O.F.) electric motion base with adjustable strength settings
– 1 Samsung Gear VR HMD per seat with security cord
– Comfortable & ergonomic seats also feature a safety belt
– Includes VR specific film content
– Ask about a safety enclosure which includes a mounted TV to display the in-ride content
– Attendant station also included with access to emergency motion stop function
– One year manufacturer warranty included
– Please Note: With motion theater rides, these are built-to-order and ship from overseas. In the case of the VR X-Rider, South Korea. Please ask about current building lead times; shipping can take 4-6 weeks. You will likely need a forklift at the receiving facility. Shipping quotes will included an installation quote. Installations are handled by Simuline staff; please call for additional cost details regarding the installation & training.
Check out the VR X-Rider in action starting at the 2:28 mark: