Developed in conjunction with arcade development powerhouse IGS, Ultra Race is a re-branded Overtake that is being sold by Universal Space.
The sleek cabinet houses a racing game that throws licensed cars against the backdrop of morphing tracks that are constantly under attack by destroyed by natural disasters. The game has all the traditional elements you’d expect from an arcade racing game: various camera modes, boost function, a collection of real cars. Ultra Race adds excitement to this gameplay staple by making the player react to the constantly changing tracks affected by volcano eruptions, earthquakes, tsunamis and other calamities. It’s almost like driving a stunt car through an action packed movie!
Each track consists of 2 parts, and in multiplayer the players get to each choose one part of the track, which creates varied environments. Altogether there are 12 themes that combine into 6 tracks.
UNIS’ Ultra Race Features:
– Exclusive to arcades with no console or mobile version available
– Pick from six licensed cars as you drive along treacherous tracks
– A number of calamities deform the track in real time, keeping each race exciting
– Tracks will completely change half-way through, sending you to a new environment
– Controls: Force feedback steering wheel; Turbo Jet boost button; View Change button; Up/Down shifter; gas/brake; keypad
– Save or restore your progress using the 12 key PIN pad (saved to the machine)
– Sharp 3D graphics powered by custom PC hardware and displayed on a 42″ HD screen
– Link two units together for multiplayer fun
– Ships with a single slot coin door
Check out Ultra Race in action from IAAPA 2016 via our friends at Arcade Heroes