Sega Amusements has brought another fresh face to the arcade racing arena – Storm Racer G!
Storm Racer Gravity (also just called Storm Racer G) is the sequel to Storm Racer that was first released in 2011. Taking their experience from that game, the game formula has been enhanced to provide a solid and fun racing game that feels much like Namco’s Ridge Racer with races taking place through picturesque mountain courses. It offers fast and fun driving that gamers look for in arcades, sporting a Boost lever and the ability to drift through turns.
Here is our look at Storm Racer G as seen as IAAPA 2013
Storm Racer G sports excellent graphics, easy to use controls with strong force feedback features, a camera/avatar system and features enough content to bring players back for more.
Sega Amusements’ Storm Racer Gravity Features:
– Arcade exclusive – Not only is the game not coming to any home gaming device, you can’t recreate those motion effects on console!
– Cutting edge motion base system reduces costs over traditional electrical motion systems while increasing reliability
– 60 Frames Per Second graphics on a 1280x720p 42″ screen. Fantastic lighting/shadow effects also enhance the look
– “Automatic Mode” is available for beginners while expert players can choose “Drift Mode”
– The sense of racing speed is intact as you zoom from checkpoint to checkpoint over a certain number of laps
– Unlockable cars and tracks means incentive to play again! 12 total tracks (6 hidden) and 14 total cars (7 hidden)
– Controls: Force feedback steering wheel; gas/brake pedal; Throttle control to activate boosts;
– Multi-color LED lighting effects produce a great light show that doesn’t go too over-the-top in drawing attention to the game
– 4.1ch sound system pumps the excitement of the race with clarity and arcade-quality feedback
– Link up to 8 units locally and create a racing attraction for your venue!
– Comes with a single coin slot w/ coin comparator. It is compatible with card swipe systems