PLEASE CALL FOR PRICE & AVAILABILITY
The Iconic Arcade Fighter With A Penchant For Weapon Based Battles
Installed Dimensions: Varies, Call for Details
Shipping Dimensions: Varies, Call for Details
Condition: Certified Pre-Owned
Please Scroll Down To Find The Game Flyers
Soul Calibur is a part of Namco’s 3D fighting game line-up that got it’s start in arcades with Soul Edge before becoming best known under the Soul Calibur name. Soul Calibur 2 is arguably the most popular of the franchise among the arcade releases, which ended in 2005 with Soul Calibur III: Arcade Edition. These are the games where souls meet, blades clash and warriors fall.
Soul Calibur launched to arcades in 1998 that introduced the “8-way run system” that allows the player more realistic 3D movement within the game arena for both dodges and attacks. Namco used motion capture technology to produce smooth and realistic character animations while using “Time Release” ideas (for characters, stages and weapons) to draw players back for more. This was released in a dedicated cabinet as shown above as well as in kit form.
Soul Calibur II built upon the house that the first games established, bringing the realism of battles to a head. It features 13 characters, incredible updated graphics, time release characters and stages along with time released game modes! It also had a strong focus on tournaments since those were shown to improve earnings. This was released only in kit form in 2001.
The last time the series would grace arcades was with Soul Calibur III: Arcade Edition, launched in 2005. while it removed Conquest mode, it added the arcade exclusive Legend Mode, where players could strengthen their character to become a Boss level character that would show up in fights just on that arcade machine! This also sported a roster of 27 characters, three of which were only found on the arcade build. This was released only in kit form, for both Namco System 246 and 256 platforms.
– Distinctive weapon based battles where each character employs their own fighting style.
– 3D characters battling in arenas with an 8-way run system for attacks & dodges
– Weaken enemies until they hit zero health or knock them out of the ring. Fun replays after each KO show the final moments of battle.
– Iconic characters such as Maxi, Taki, Ivy, Kilik, Nightmare, Yoshimitsu and more to play as.
– Released in four arcade installments (including the first, Soul Edge from 1995) through 2005.
– Time release characters, weapons and modes designed to keep players coming back after they initially encounter the game (requires a full system reset to restart the timers)
– Different modes to provide a deeper gameplay experience (available modes varies between releases)
– Soul Calibur released in a dedicated and kit forms; II and III released only in kit form so cabinet styles and condition will vary.
– Yellow label ratings for Animated Violence (no blood or gore)
– All versions of Namco’s Soul Calibur are no longer in production. Please call us about availability. All used models pass through PrimeTime Amusement’s “Certified Pre-Owned” program, which guarantees that the game will be completely refurbished and ready to operate upon arrival. Also ask about our game rentals!
Click here for the different version game flyers: Soul Calibur (PDF); Soul Calibur II (PDF); Soul Calibur III: Arcade Edition
Check out Soul Calibur 2, one of the more popular entries of the series, in action on real arcade hardware: