How do you take universally recognized game formula and make it fresh and unique? In the case of Pac-Man, that answer is found with Namco’s Pac-Man Battle Royale.
Pac-Man Battle Royale was designed for 1-4 players to enjoy and is based upon Bandai Namco’s Pac-Man Championship DX game that was released for consoles. You must eat the other computer or human controlled Pac-Men on the screen and be the last one standing. You still have mazes, dots to eat and power pellets and ghosts. However, the goal of the game is not to eat as many dots as you can or even the ghosts. Get the power pellets to become a super-sized Pac-Man then chase down your opponents to finish them off! Survive the most and come out the victor!
Bandai Namco Amusements’ Pac-Man Battle Royale Features:
– Unique twist on the classic Pac-Man formula that pits players against each other
– The multiplayer version is found only in arcades
– Playstation 2-based “System 147” hardware
– Support for 1-4 players (in single player the user faces off against a computer controller opponent); excellent game for groups!
– Simple joystick controls using high quality Sanwa-brand parts
– 32″ LCD screen
– The yellow and black cabinet easily attracts attention while the “4P VS” Pac-Man marquee lets everyone know exactly what to expect
– Has 4 cup holder cut-outs built into the cabinet.
– Fun Pac-Man themed music
– Splat the Pac-Man feature lets players splatter their opponents with paint in between rounds!
– End of round stats show off who ate the most Pac-Men, who ate the most pellets, who ate the most fruit, etc.
– Operator adjustable rounds – for quick games set it to 3, for longer matches set it to 9!
– Comes with a standard dual coin slot coin door; Dollar Bill Acceptor (DBA) or card swipe ready
Check out Pac-Man Battle Royale in action (video shows the Deluxe model):
Looking For More Pac-Man?
Then we’ve got you covered here at PrimeTime Amusements: