As one of the most successful Pac-Man arcade releases of modern times, Pac-Man Battle Royale has become a staple of both independent arcades and FECs. Now, it’s time to step up with a new sequel – Pac-Man Battle Royale Chompionship by Bandai Namco Amusements!
Chompionship takes the basic formula of the original and expands on it to give Pac-Man players what they want. It’s still a Pac-Eat-Pac game for 1-4 players, but now each player has a score and a set of lives, playing to win with the most points. The playfield now includes numerous and hilarious power-ups that will appear at random. These are:
- Gold Power Pellets (Eat ghosts)
- Green Power Pellets (Eat both ghosts and other Pac-Men)
- Caffeine (speed boost)
- Smoke Bomb (make smoke trails that slow ghosts down)
- Banana Peel (Causes a Pac-Man to skid uncontrollably)
- Lighting (zaps nearby ghosts or Pac-Men)
- Ghost Sheet (Makes your Pac-Man invisible to ghosts)
- Chili Pepper (Burns nearby ghosts or Pac-Man)
- Earthquake (Causes everyone to slow down)
- 1up (Adds one life)
- Ghost Magnet (Pick up a ghost and use it as a weapon)
The graphics have also been enhanced for a proper HD appearance, and the cabinet itself given RGB LED T-molding to better draw attention in today’s arcade.
The game also takes things a step further with an option to expand play up to eight players! If you have an older Pac-Man Battle Royale machine, you can purchase the upgrade option along with a dedicated Chompionship cabinet and by placing the two cabinets back-to-back, expand up to eight players! (NOTE: solo upgrade kits for existing PMBR cabinets are NOT available – they can only be purchased with a dedicated Chompionship cabinet. These kits only change out the top control panel & monitor, connecting these to the main board in the dedicated model).
A Deluxe model to be tied to a projector and controlled solely by mobile devices is also available.
Bandai Namco Amusements’ Pac-Man Battle Royale Chompionship Features:
– A sequel to the popular Pac-Man Battle Royale that was released in 2011
– Exclusive to arcades
– Large and attractive central marquee
– 1-4 players on a standard dedicated model; Expand to 8 players with a conversion kit on an existing older model
– RGB LED T-molding on the sides of the cabinet and under the joysticks with animations
– Control the action with Sanwa-grade joysticks; Find Your Pac button
– Tons of crazy power-ups
– Graphics displayed on a 32″ 1080p HD screen
– Fun Pac-Man music
– Adjustable leg levellers
– Standard coin door; DBA or card swipe ready
– Also available in a Deluxe model
Available options – Please Call For Price
– Existing Pac-Man Battle Royale cabinet conversion/expansion kit
Looking For More Pac-Man?
Then we’ve got you covered here at PrimeTime Amusements: