The popular console racing game series Need For Speed lands in the arcade thanks to Electronic Arts and GlobalVR. Need For Speed Underground is based on the console title of the same name but tailored for an arcade environment following arcade conversions of Need For Speed and Need For Speed GT.
In Need For Speed Underground, you can build and race the ultimate exotic car. Multiple race modes are built into the game including Circuit, Drag and Drift. Customize your vehicle’s appearance and performance to create your own unique ride. Career mode allows players to choose their car and compete in a series of 81 races. The game features 25 unique tracks with over 35 variations to keep players coming back for more as well as 15 licensed cars.
This listing is for the Twin model which is simple two linked units.
What Makes Need For Speed Underground Special?
– 3rd console-to-arcade conversion of the popular Need For Speed series
– Cutting edge graphics for its time displayed on a 27″ CRT (ask about modern LCD conversions)
– Race several licensed cars including the Toyota Celica, Nissan 350Z, Mitsubishi Eclipse & Nissan Skyline GTR
– 3 race modes & 25 tracks
– Build up style points as you race
– Customize your vehicle’s appearance & performance with licensed aftermarket parts
– Standard racing controls: force feedback steering wheel, gas/brake pedal; up/down manual shifter; NOS boost
– Save your progress using the GlobalVR Card Reader; original units also shipped with a card dispenser
– Standard model; also available in a Deluxe motion model
– Ships with a standard coin door
– GlobalVR’s Need For Speed Underground is no longer produced, having been released in 2005. Please call us about availability. All used models pass through PrimeTime Amusement’s “Certified Pre-Owned” program, which guarantees that the game will be completely refurbished and ready to operate upon arrival.
Check out Need For Speed Underground in action (motion deluxe version)