In 1976, Atari created a variation of their Pong concept that would set the video game world on fire, launching off ten years of what would be called the “Golden Age of Gaming”. The easy to learn, difficult to master formula of using the paddle to smash bricks with a ball showed the potential that video games had to provide captivating and unique entertainment to the masses
Forty years later, Breakout is back in the arcade with a new cabinet, an updated game formula and you can win tickets! The software is based on the 2011 iOS release Breakout Boost, with modifications to support 2 player co-op, arcade spinner controllers and ticket payouts. This is all housed in Coastal Amusements’ attractive new 65″ screen cabinet design, which has also been used for other videmption titles like Frog Around and Subway Surfers.
See Breakout in action here, from the IAAPA 2016 trade show
Fun Fact: Apple founders Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak both worked on the original Breakout design before creating their Apple I computer design. Read more about the history here.
Coastal Amusements’ Breakout Features:
– New sequel to a historic and fun arcade game, Breakout
– Clear the screen of bricks within the time limit using the paddle and the ball. More points = more tickets
– Choose from 99 levels with different brick patterns to clear
– 1-2 player co-op makes for a more exciting rendition of the classic idea
– Play for tickets! Operator adjustable payouts
– Catch the stars to win the Ticket Jackpot Bonus!
– 65″ HD screen is vertically mounted for correct classic style play
– Power-ups help you clear bricks out faster while Power-Downs make it a little more challenging
– Arcade quality spinner controllers makes paddle movement smooth and easy for all ages to enjoy
– Bright and colorful cabinet is lit with RGB LED lighting
– Ticket Dispensers Included. This game does NOT have a video-only/no tickets amusement mode
Do you have more questions or are you ready to buy?
Call our friendly sales staff for more information or email us here!