Some characters are forgettable, others are timeless – Namco’s Pac-Man certainly occupies the latter space. Now, Bandai Namco Amusements is bringing their mascot back to sporting arcades with an updated model of Pac-Man Basketball.
The first Pac-Man Basketball series was originally launched in 2012, offering the kind of gameplay that players known and love, but starring the lovable round yellow guy. The new models offer an updated look with new artwork, cabinet design, and LED T-Molding to draw more attention in generally dark arcade environments. The hoop moves back-and-forth horizontally with movement increasing in difficulty as the game progresses. The backboard features full color LED displays to show the game timer, the highest score and your current score. Players can take turns or operators can link units together for multiplayer
Here’s the older Pac-Man Basketball as seen at IAAPA 2012. We will have footage of the new model as soon as we get a chance to see them in person at a future trade show.
Bandai Namco’s Pac-Man Baller Features:
– An update to Bandai Namco’s Pac-Man themed arcade basketball game launched in the 2010s
– Completely updated artwork and cabinet design, starring Pac-Man
– Comes with Pac-Man branded yellow basketballs (compatible with standard basketballs between 7″-9″)
– RGB LED T-Molding
– Four stages of gameplay (operator adjustable on round length)
– Moving hoop with a chain net creates a challenge for players of all skills and age
– High fidelity sound system with a subwoofer
– Bank multiple units together for head-to-head competition
– Ticket dispenser included, optional
– Ships with a coin slot+mechanism; Dollar Bill Acceptor(DBA) or Card Swipe Ready
Are you looking for other Pac-Man themed arcade products?