MAZAN – Flash Of The Blade by Namco puts the player into the role of an ancient samurai warrior. This is one of several arcade titles that pioneered the use of motion sensing / gesture technology years before such ideas were used on home game consoles like the Nintendo Wii or Microsoft Kinect.
Here, the player uses the samurai’s weapon of choice to control the action – a katana sword. Using positional sensors, the game is able to actively track the current position of your sword along with the angle and swing. Your success, score and life, depends your ability to properly manipulate the sword to be at the right place at the right time. Fight your way across three stages against hordes of gruesome undead creatures. Slash objects to unveil hidden items and be ready to parry on-coming attacks! Successful parries allow you to send your enemies reeling before finishing them off. Mazan is truly a unique arcade game that adds some fun variety to any game line-up.
Namco’s MAZAN – Flash of the Blade Features:
– Exclusive to arcades! Never released to home consoles
– Uses motion gesture technology that preceded the Nintendo Wii by four years
– Three stages to fight across, dispatching undead creatures and challenging bosses
– Features an attached katana sword handle/controller device
– Original used a 50″ projection monitor. Please ask about upgrading to a modern LCD display!
– Powered by Sega’s NAOMI hardware platform
– Unique entry & ranking system designed to offer users customized experiences and high replay value
– Red label rating by the AAMA for Animated Violence: Strong
– Namco’s MAZAN – Flash of the Blade is no longer in production, having been released in 2002. Please call us about availability. All used models pass through PrimeTime Amusement’s “Certified Pre-Owned” program, which guarantees that the game will be completely refurbished and ready to operate upon arrival. Also ask about our game rentals!
Check out MAZAN in action from our showroom floor: