Get ready to make a goal of a lifetime in Fantasy Soccer by UNIS!
Fantasy Soccer marks the first time in many years that a proper, arcade-style soccer game has come to arcades. Take control of a “fantasy” team as you seek to score the most goals in a fast-paced match. To make this work for the needs of an arcade, instead of teams of eleven, you have four, with players being able to play 2v2 matches if they so desire. This game also features local network connectivity, allowing two units to link together for exciting 8-player matches!
The controls are kept simple, with a large joystick controlling the direction that your player moves and two action buttons(Switch teammates and Run). But the real fun comes into play with the special foot controller – a realistic soccer ball located at the base of the unit that players must physically kick to activate a kick in the game. This is an idea borrowed from the popular World Kicks by Namco that was released in 2001. The game also features numerous country-based teams to pick from and a camera to capture each player’s avatar.
See Fantasy Soccer in action from our visit to IAAPA 2018! Video available in 4K UHD.
Universal Space’s Fantasy Soccer Features:
– The grand return of soccer/futebol to the arcade as an exclusive experience (no console port)
– Instant worldwide appeal from one of the most popular sports around
– Supports 1-4 players per cabinet; link two cabinets together for memorable 8-player (4v4) matches!
– Control your on-screen players using the joystick/buttons combo; kick the ball by kicking the physical soccer ball!
– Graphics are displayed on a huge 65″ HD display
– Second LCD marquee monitor shows additional info, “live” commentary and animations
– Display your own video advertisement on the top marquee (refer to manual for instructions)
– RGB LED lighting further enhances the attraction
– Choose from a number of international (but non-licensed) teams
– Unleash the “Ultimate Skill” for a guaranteed goal winning shot!
– Camera system for capturing player avatars
– Operator adjustments including game time, when/if new players can join, etc.
– Coin or card swipe compatible
Here is a manufacturer produced clip that shows direct footage from the game.