Ready or not, it is time to face your fears in Namco’s showpiece horror shooter, Dark Escape 4D.
Dark Escape 4D is an arcade exclusive title that is in a class of its own. Wearing anti-bacterial coated 3D glasses, players try to escape from a mad man’s sick and twisted game by shooting their way out using only weapons that he provides. Each stage is based upon a phobia, with five phobias that once must confront to progress. They then must face off against grotesque experimental creatures and the undead in their bid to survive. The bonus fifth stage is available once all four stages are completed.
What makes this a “4D” style experience is in the hardware features that are perfect for an arcade setting. First, the game is housed in a compelling “theater” cabinet which seats two. The graphics are displayed on a 46″ HD stereoscopic 3D screen. Players can shut the 3D off at the press of a button; otherwise they simply wear the 3D glasses attached to the seat. Then each user has their own 5.1 channel surround sound speakers to completely envelop them in the creepy audio environment that the game provides. But that is certainly not the end of it…THE GAME KNOWS WHEN YOU ARE SCARED! To progress and use your weapon, players must hold onto the mounted gun controls, each uses a panic sensor to display each player’s heart rate on the screen. This also records an “panic attacks” experienced thanks to the tense situations Dark Escape throws their way.
Topping off the 4D features are built-in air blowers placed in the front and back, allowing players to feel the breath of a chasing zombie on the back of their necks or a blast of air on their face when a monster lunges at them. Heavy recoil guns and a rumble seat provide additional terrifying elements that complement the game’s immersive game play.
All of these intense features combine to create one of the most unique and frightening arcade gaming experiences ever. Players all over the world have raved about how Dark Escape scares them unlike any other arcade machine out there!
What Makes Dark Escape 4D Special?
– Exclusive to arcades with a compelling “4D” interactive experience that scares like no other
– Amazingly detailed and terror themed game cabinet
– Heart pounding action for 1-2 players using force feedback mounted guns.
– 4D features: Stereoscopic 3D screen (user switchable 2D/3D) + anti-microbial passive 3D glasses; heart rate/panic sensors; 5.1 channel surround per player; rumbling seat; air blowers
– Five terrifying stages based upon phobias
– Cutting edge graphics displayed on a 47″ HD screen
– Red label rating for Life-Like Violence, Strong
– Capitalize on client desire for terror thrills
– Ships with a standard 2-slot coin door; card swipe ready
– Bandai Namco’s Dark Escape 4D is no longer produced, having been released in 2013. Please call us about availability. All used models pass through PrimeTime Amusement’s “Certified Pre-Owned” program, which guarantees that the game will be completely refurbished and ready to operate upon arrival.
Check out Dark Escape 4D from Namco’s official game trailer: