Hypderdrive is a futuristic arcade space racing game released by Midway in 1998.
Featuring custom arcade controls and stellar 3-D graphics, Hyperdrive challenges players across three different space tracks: Orbital Speedway, Asteroid Mine & Deep Space. The courses feature harrowing obstacles that you have to navigate, avoiding asteroids and barriers to get the best time. Four ships are at your disposal to race with, each with their own unique handling. The controls are certainly different than most racing games on the market, sporting a yoke controller that allows you to adjust the height of your spaceship – keep low to the track for the best speed but be careful not to scrape the surface or run into a meteor!
Midway’s Hyperdrive Features:
– Racing in space makes for unique track designs that wouldn’t work for a car
– Yoke style control allows for dives and climbs across the course; activate flaps for banked turns
– Three tracks and four selectable ships available
– Powered by Midway’s Seattle Hardware
– Released in two cabinet styles: Standard (25″ CRT screen); Deluxe (33″ CRT screen). Ask about upgrading to a modern LCD!
– Link up to four units
– Midway’s Hyperdrive is no longer in production, having been released in 1998. Please call us about availability. All used models pass through PrimeTime Amusement’s “Certified Pre-Owned” program, which guarantees that the game will be completely refurbished and ready to operate upon arrival. Also ask about our game rentals!