There are many ways to participate in Virtual Reality these days, but many of them take up a lot of space and budget. Enter in the VR X-Perience by Boxblaster and Benchmark Games.
The VR X-Perience is designed to be a single-player station that does not require an attendant to operate. Once credits are inserted, the VR headset and controllers descend from the overhead gantry, allowing the user to adjust the headset to their comfort and liking.
Currently, one game comes with each VR X-Perience machine, but more can be added in the future. The game pictured above is called Gold & Mace, a game exclusive to the larger Boxblaster VR platform. In this wacky game, your fortress is being invaded by an opposing army, who has decided that the way to win is throwing all of their soldiers over the wall! Acting as a defender, you must grab these soldiers and toss them back, or slash, stab & bash them back. Collect gold along the way and rack up the points!
Boxblaster & Benchmark Games’ VR X-Perience Features
– A single-player unattended VR solution
– Protective curved cabinet front features a glossy finish
– Features exclusive content; Ships with the medieval combat game Gold & Mace
– Commercial-grade HTC Vive VR headset & controllers
– Hand controllers detect the player’s motion & movement
– Wired VR headset lowers from the protective gantry upon game start
– Built-in 80″ HD screen so other viewers can see the action
– Potential for additional games to be installed in the future
– Card swipe operated