One of the most iconic arcade game cabinets of the 1990’s was the Neo Geo MVS. The system became one of the longest lasting platforms of the arcade industry, delivering games from 1990 until 2003 in the form of giant cartridges. This also brought affordable gaming to arcade centers, as the cartridges were low-cost.
One trend of the past few years has been allowing people to play the arcade classics of their childhoods at home in smaller, more affordable cabinets. Now, the Neo Geo MVS is joining the fray with the MVSX.
The MVSX is a tabletop multi-game unit packed with 50 Neo Geo classics. Each game is available in both MVS (Arcade) and AES (home console) editions. Those titles include (click here for a graphic showing all of the titles):
- The King of Fighters series (’94-’03 editions)
- The Metal Slug series (1-5 as well as Metal Slug X)
- The Samurai Shodown series (1-5, including Samurai Shodown V Special)
- The Fatal Fury series
- The World Heroes series
- The Sengoku series
- More including several sports titles
All of the glory is viewed on a 4:3 17″ HD display (1280×1024), where you can activate scanlines if you wish to get that classic CRT look. The unit also features real arcade controls for that quality experience. You can make it look just like an MVS arcade machine by adding the base.
Fun Company’s Neo Geo MVSX Features:
– The iconic Neo Geo MVS, now just for your home!
– Features 50 licensed Neo Geo MVS/AES arcade games from the 1990’s
– Developed by Gstone Group, which employs former SNK USA boss Paul Jacobs
– Cabinets produced by industry veterans Fun Company (Wisconsin, USA)
– Red/White/Black theme matches the classic Neo Geo MVS cabinets
– Real arcade joysticks and controls for 2 players (six button layout)
– 17″ 4:3 monitor operating at 1280×1024 pixels; Scanline option built-in
– Choose to play the games in MVS or AES mode
– Stereo speaker output
– Non-coin only
Available Options – Please Call For Price
– 32″ Unit base