Since Dance Dance Revolution stormed arcades in 1998 and 1999, players could hardly get enough DDR action. It quickly became one of Konami’s most iconic titles of their gaming catalog, and is still popular today.
DDRMAX2 was the 7th release in the series, coming with 135 songs and introducing the scoring system that was later used in DDR Extreme. This release also added Challenge Mode, brought back difficulty ratings, introduced the DARK modifier and featured changes to the color labeling on the song wheel. Overall it is still “DDR,” and some fans claim it as their favorite in the DDR family.
Konami’s DDRMAX2: Dance Dance Revolution 7th Mix Features:
– 7th arcade release of DDR, building upon feedback from the 6 previous titles
– Easy to learn, overlapping arrow gameplay
– Comes with 135 songs. See the full song list here.
– Superb sound system with separate volume controls for general sound and bass
– Choose from various game difficulties that best fits with your tastes and skill.
– Two dance pad stations with a red safety bar behind each for users to dance together or to compete
– Both the monitor and dance stage/pads feature caster feet & caster wheels to make it easy to move or anchor.
– Mesmerizing light show put on by the game’s stage quality lighting and neon system
– Based on Konami’s Benami System 573 Digital Hardware
– Ships with a standard single slot coin mechanism; please ask about setting up card swipe readers
– Konami’s DDRMAX2 Dance Dance Revolution 7th Mix is no longer produced, having been released in 2002. Please call us about availability. Note that all DDR games are in high demand as of May 2021, so if we do get our hands on one, it will move quickly. All used models pass through PrimeTime Amusement’s “Certified Pre-Owned” program, which guarantees that the game will be completely refurbished and ready to operate upon arrival.