Among legends of arcade lore, few games can match the excitement, the thrills and the earnings that Daytona USA brought to the scene back in 1994. Now, Sega is tapping into that incredible history with Daytona Championship USA. This listing is for the STANDARD (STD) model that was released in June 2018.
Daytona Championship USA is a true reboot of the Daytona USA classic. It re-uses the original physics engine and offers all three original tracks (Three-Seven Speedway, Dinosaur Canyon and Seaside Street Galaxy) re-mastered in 21st century HD glory! Sega has also created three new tracks to join the roster – Daytona International Speedway, Lakeside Castle and Metro City. With six tracks at different difficulties and manual or automatic transmission options, players will be able to live out their stock car racing fantasies.
Check out Sega’s Daytona Championship USA as seen at IAAPA 2017. Deluxe models shown. Available in 4K UHD!
Daytona Championship USA was also designed for tournament play and multiplayer in mind. Link up to 8 units for the ultimate Daytona race. All units feature a cascade of operator adjustments that makes this game customizable to your location & situation.
The Standard version removes certain aspects of the Deluxe model such as the 32″ LIVE monitor marquee & camera system; a new seat design and slightly smaller monitor display. This is a great option for locations that want the Daytona experience but don’t have the space or the budget for the Deluxe model.
April 2019 UPDATE: Sega Amusements has created a major new update for the Daytona Championship USA arcade game that brings several new features to the table. These include improved graphics, better handling, more vehicles, damage modelling for more realistic crunches and crashes, revamped & improved camera functionality and more! If you are an existing Daytona Championship USA owner, you can obtain your FREE update by filling out the form here.
Sega’s Daytona Championship USA Standard Features:
– Arcade exclusive remake of a classic masterpiece that still carries strong name recognition today
– Perfect for replacing old, failing hardware with something that is both fresh and familiar
– Uses the original Daytona USA physics engine
– Handling fine-tuned to perfection and uses a 4-speed gear shifter just like the original!
– Includes high energy Daytona theme music performed by the original composer, Takenobu Mitsuyoshi
– Hyper colorful graphics are handled on a 43″ 1080p HD screen at a locked 60fps
– Instant Rematch option let’s users in multiplayer continue the game without having to go through vehicle setup again.
– Attractive Yellow Hornet marquee with LED edge lighting
– Race against CPU players or do time trials
– Camera displays the current racer live, shares the live feed across other machines as an avatar
– Plethora of operator options allows for timing, difficulty and tournament adjustments
– “Party Mode” allows operators to feature their own tournaments and run a player bracket
– Ships with a standard single slot coin door; card swipe compatible
Check out the Deluxe prototype version of Daytona Championship USA from IAAPA 2016 :
Already bought a Daytona Championship USA? Then check out this Sega-produced video focusing on setting your game up to cater to your location’s tastes: