The revolution continues with Konami’s Dance Dance Revolution SUPERNOVA 2, improving upon the first Supernova title, along with some other tweaks to please fans.
As with any DDR game, the goal is to have fun while dancing to songs, stepping on the correct directional arrows that overlap with the stationary arrows at the top of the screen. SN2 comes with a huge plethora of songs, initially shipping with 357 in total, with others being offered through subsequent updates (these had to be shipped on physical media in North America, while in Japan they were delivered through Konami’s e-Amusement system).
SN2 has also added new arrow types, speed adjustments and options, a character select screen, improvements to the Extra Stage system (unlocking bonus songs through skilled play) and changes to the scoring system that focus more on timing.
Konami’s Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA Features:
– It’s DDR – most players know exactly what to expect when they approach the machine
– Fans enjoy this as “a solid entry into the DDR franchise.”
– Tutorial mode for new players helps broaden the player base
– Rugged and iconic dance pads for holding up under dancing pressure
– 357+ songs to choose from allows players to find something appealing
– New arrow types and more to appeal to long-time players
– Simplified stage difficulty choices
– Earn an extra stage by obtaining a AA score or better on a song
– Game powered by Konami’s Phython 2 arcade board (SonyPlayStation 2-based hardware)
– Multiple game modes to bring players back
– Note that US models did not offer access to the online e-Amusement system
– Konami’s Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA is no longer produced, having been released in 2007. Please call us about availability. All used models pass through PrimeTime Amusement’s “Certified Pre-Owned” program, which guarantees that the game will be completely refurbished and ready to operate upon arrival.