“How High Can You Fly?”
This was the challenge asked by the innovative skateboard simulator game developed and released by Sega in 1997. As the first game to feature an actual skateboard platform controller, players could hit the streets with full body racing action! Perform those fantastically difficult moves like the pros, without breaking any of your appendages.
As a physically interactive game, players use their entire body to maneuver through ultra-challenging skateboarding courses, specially crafted to put each player to the test while rewarding them for achieving the best tricks. Successfully performing tricks will earn you points while jumping through rings on the course will give you extra time. When a course is finished, the more time you have means you’ll earn even more points!
Further enhancing the experience, choose from six unique characters with their own individual style and personality. Top Skater includes all the hard-core skateboard moves: kick flips, 180-degree turns, 360 flips, indy nose bones, Oilies and more! To complete the “feel” of this being a real simulator, they even incorporated real corporate sponsor billboards into the game!
What Makes Top Skater Special?
– Exclusive to arcades, made more exclusive with the unique skateboard controller
– Safety handlebars are fixed to each side of the player along with plexiglass to protect bystanders
– Powered by Sega’s Model 2C CRX hardware
– Six skater characters to choose from; simple button controls for navigating menus
– 20 spot leaderboard with three character name slots
– Two courses, Novice & Expert
– Collect rings for extra time and perform tricks for points
– Soundtrack by the 90s punk band Pennywise (a precursor to what Sega did with Crazy Taxi)
– The original shipped with a 50″ projection monitor; ask about upgrading to a sleek new HD LCD!
– Ships with a standard 2-slot coin door
– Followed up by Sega’s lesser known sequel, Air Trix
– Sega’s Top Skater is no longer produced, having been released in 1997. Please call us about availability. All used models pass through PrimeTime Amusement’s “Certified Pre-Owned” program, which guarantees that the game will be completely refurbished and ready to operate upon arrival.
Do you have more questions or are you ready to buy? Rentals might also be available for this unit. Call our friendly sales staff for more information or email us here!