(This listing is for the 3 player unit)
If you liked Smash TV then you’ll love The Grid. Created by several of the developers responsible for the wildly popular Mortal Kombat arcade titles, this is a third person shooter that takes place inside of a super-violent television game show. The host is reminiscent of Smash TV’s host as he provides humorous commentary to the action. Thanks to the background of the developers, it also features cameos from the Mortal Kombat characters Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Noob Saibot.
All of the action is controlled using a joystick/trackball combination for movement & aiming. Players can choose from eight characters to play, each with their own unique starter weapon and character specific “super power”. Players can also pick up new weapons in the arena or become involved in hand-to-hand combat as they vie for top dog of The Grid.
What Makes The Grid Special?
– Never ported to home consoles so it remains arcade exclusive to this day
– 3rd person Arena based combat that taps into this popular genre of play
– Humorous commentary and animations
– Cameos by popular Mortal Kombat characters
– Joystick/trackball controls
– Link up to six (6) cabinets for multiplayer mayhem!
– Keypad on the control panel allows players to save their character and progress to the game
– Powered by Midway’s Zeus 2 hardware
– Red Label Rated Game (Life-like Violence – Strong)
– May be available as a single or triple-linked unit
– Midway’s The Grid is no longer produced, having been released in 2000. Please call us about availability. All used models pass through PrimeTime Amusement’s “Certified Pre-Owned” program, which guarantees that the game will be completely refurbished and ready to operate upon arrival.
Check out The Grid in action!