Technology and Gaming headlines have been populated with hype about emerging Virtual Reality technologies. Tap into that excitement at your venue with the new Omni Arena by Virtuix & Universal Space!
The Omni Arena is the ultimate VR experience, bringing together different hardware technologies for a unique out-of-home amusement experience. First, the VR Head-Mounted Displays (HMDs) that are used are the latest HTC Vive models. These are widely used in VR amusement applications. The HTC controllers are then integrated into an exclusive gun model that is capable of sensing the exact position that the player is holding it in, which is then mapped into the game.
Then, the Omni Arena uses a cutting edge invention that was created just for this kind of experience – the Virtuix Omni-Directional Treadmill. It’s smooth, curved surface combined with appropriate sensors and special slippers allows the user is able to face and walk in any direction without leaving their physical spot. This is perfect for VR applications which often feature a first person arena experience but are unable to map out the room. Safety is also kept in mind thanks to the harness stations and removable harnesses. These are adjustable to different body sizes.
This particular model of the Omni Arena is for 2-players. It includes 2 computers that power each station experience; 2 Omni-Directional treadmills; 2 HTV Vive HMDs & base stations; 4 HTC controllers with 2 custom gun molds that those attach to; 3 monitors (2 x 32”, 1 x 70”); 3 specially tailored VR games; 3 pairs of harnesses (small, medium & large); 4 sets of tracking PODs; 14 pairs of shoes (sizes 5-13; 1 pair each except for sizes 7,8,9 which come with two pairs; size 10 with 3 pairs); 1000 protective masks; 1000 protective socks + changer.
What Makes The Omni Arena VR 2-player special?
– Offer an exclusive Virtual Reality experience that provides a system in a professional, clean package
– Compact platform station allows installation in a variety of venues
– Green/black theme captures a futuristic feel
– Powered by HTV Vive VR hardware; custom gun molds are tailored for First-Person Shooters
– Exclusive Omni-directional treadmills allow users to walk or run in place through a virtual space
– Subwoofer equipped sound system
– 3 monitors allow you to cast the action that a user sees to the TV direct
– Works for 1-2 players (accommodates users ranging in height from 4’8″ to 6’5″ (142cm – 195cm), and a weight up to 285lbs (130kg))
– Harness size accommodations: Small Waist Size 24″-29″; Medium: Waist Size 30″-37″; Large: Waist Size 38″-44″
– Includes 3 games upon installation – more EXCLUSIVE software coming in the future!
– Each station enclosure includes benching and shoe storage space
– Also available in a 5-person station!
Check out the Omni Arena in action, thanks to our friends at Arcade Heroes (5-player version shown):