This is arcade simulation at it’s best! This superboat racing game created a timeless classic that is still a blast to play all of these years later. Link up to four units for head-to-head racing fun!
Midway’s Hydro Thunder allows you to choose from thirteen unique superboats and eleven tracks of secret paths, hidden power-ups, and a variety of water conditions. The console includes a subwoofer in the seat to simulate the rumble of the boat’s intensity.
Perhaps the most unique addition to this game was the inclusion of the boat throttle controller. This made the game simulate a real boat, standing out from the sea of car driving games out there.
Fun Fact: The original creator of Hydro Thunder got the idea for the game when he was on vacation at Lake Powell in Utah. Lake Powell ended up becoming one of the tracks in the game!
What Makes Hydro Thunder Special?
– Powered by Midway’s Quicksilver II 3DFx based PC hardware
– In an industry packed with driving games, very few offer arcade-style boat racing!
– Pick from thirteen superboats to race with! Each boat has it’s own stats and handling style
– Eleven tracks from various famous waterways around the world are also packed with secrets to discover
– Get the ‘engine growl’ from the boat thanks to the subwoofer in your seat!
– Link up to Four (4) units for multiplayer mayhem!
Check out Hydro Thunder in action!