Among legends of arcade lore, few games can match the excitement, the thrills and the earnings that Daytona USA brought to the scene back in 1994. Now, Sega is tapping into this incredible series with Daytona Championship USA.
This entry reboots the classic Daytona USA by re-using the original physics engine and offering all three original tracks (Three-Seven Speedway, Dinosaur Canyon and Seaside Street Galaxy) re-mastered in 21st century HD glory! Sega has also created three new tracks to join the roster – Daytona International Speedway, Lakeside Castle and Metro City. With six tracks at different difficulties and manual or automatic transmission options, players will be able to live out their stock car racing fantasies.
Daytona Championship USA was also designed for tournament play and multiplayer in mind. Link up to 8 units for the ultimate Daytona race. All units feature a cascade of operator adjustments that makes this game customizable to your location & situation. Thanks to the new “Live” marquee with “Party Mode”, you can advertise upcoming tournaments, operate player brackets and showcase prizes!
What Makes Daytona Championship USA Special?
– Arcade exclusive remake of a classic masterpiece that still carries strong name recognition today
– Perfect for replacing old, failing hardware with something that is both fresh and familiar
– Uses the original Daytona USA physics engine
– Handling fine-tuned to perfection; 2 position speed shifter that recognizes four spots
– Includes high energy Daytona theme music performed by the original composer, Takenobu Mitsuyoshi
– Hyper colorful graphics are handled on a 47″ 1080p HD screen at a locked 60fps
– Instant Rematch option let’s users in multiplayer continue the game without having to go through vehicle setup again.
– Includes a 2nd screen, 32″, built right into the marquee for live race information
– New “Live” camera system shows players in real-time as you pass them to incentivize rivalry
– Race against CPU players or do time trials
– Plethora of operator options allows for timing, difficulty and tournament adjustments
– “Party Mode” allows operators to feature their own tournaments and run a player bracket
Check out the prototype version of Daytona Championship USA from IAAPA 2016 (stay tuned for a newer video, coming soon!)